What is the female lifestyle empowerment brand (FLEB)
and why is it a problem?
- Conform to the cultural demands of Ideal Femininity in order to rise
- Reinforces gender dualist/binary
- Display wealth, privilege & leisure in order to manufacture social authority over other women
- Use the language of feminism & social change to bait a women into following/buying… while doing (oppressive) business as usual.
- Conflates individual success with collective empowerment (they are not the same thing)
- Teach women how to style themselves as saleable, consumable objects in order to ‘succeed’
- Asks us to erase ourselves in order to perform a brand character